Hi, I am having a problem with my SONY VAIO VGNFZ240E could anyone please help me with this? I tried to recover my unit by making 2 recovery dvds but the process failed at 89% with error code:320/330 follwed by error code:-1 and when I tried do the same from built in partition by pressing F10 it fails again with error message 41 returned to the image follwed by error code:-1. Now, this has left my system unstable and windows won't load. I have scanned the hard drive with hirens boot cd and also checked my memory with memtest86 everything is working fine. Could anyone suggest me what could be the reason? Also if I want to format the pc and reinstall the OS how do I go about it as the manufacturers did not provide me with any vista or xp cds. Many thanks, Akrur

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

If your laptop is still in warranty they should give you some CD/DVD's for free as it isn't your fault the recovery partition is corrupt and creating the disk failed.

Have you altered any partitions on the disk and have you tried making the disks again?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. No my laptop is not under warranty so , sony would charge me for sure. Also last time my dvd drive broke, sony charged me 289.00pounds to get it fixed, which is a rip off. So, I don't want to ask them for any help this time. If I can fix it myself with your valuable help would be really good. I have not done any changes yet to my partition and I also dont have a vista or xp cd to load the OS. Please advise. Thanks again. Akrur

You may need to buy a new OS.

I would highly recommend getting Windows 7 while you still can!

install it for now until you can find a new OS or solve your problem.

- I recommend installing it on new partition using custom install, you can get you data back that way.

You may need to buy a new OS.

I would highly recommend getting Windows 7 while you still can!

install it for now until you can find a new OS or solve your problem.

- I recommend installing it on new partition using custom install, you can get you data back that way.

Many thanks for your advice.

son dropped computer. tried to restore from computer. says returned 41 while restoring an image. how to fix? no restore disc for computer

Plz someone help. I have a sony vaio and has stopoed loading and every time i go to repair it. it dosent load and when it does it just searches for promblems and other else it stays like that for hours. i have even tryed to start it in all the safe mode and doesnt load it just takes me back to the start. i dont have the recovery C.ds

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.