helo guys i got this problem on windows boot just at the start of xp logo "stop:0x0000007e(0xc0000005,0xf88d018e,0xf8a58850,0xf8a5854c)" ,its in xp professional windows,i need desperate help,i didnt installed anything new but somehow ,m stuck with it

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

have you tried to boot into safe mode? If you will do that and then take note of where it dies when loading and let us know.

Did you update the ram, recently?

i cant boot in safe mode,memory is clean,i have nt updated anything..now tel me the solution

didn't install anything new

The emphasis on the "new". Did you actually attach any devices, may be an extra gig of ram, maybe swapped the video card for a different brand?

maybe you have your phone attached to the usb port , or something?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953356
This problem occurs when a System Preparation (Sysprep) image is created on a computer that uses an Intel processor and is then deployed to a computer that does not use an Intel processor.

Most computers include an image that the manufacturer created by using the Sysprep tool. Sysprep lets the computer manufacturer generate an image that can be used on different computers.

The problem that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section may occur if the original Sysprep image for Windows XP Service Pack 1 (SP1), for Windows XP SP2, or for Windows XP SP3 is created on a computer that uses an Intel processor and is then deployed on a computer that does not use an Intel processor.

In this configuration, the Intel processor driver (Intelppm.sys) may try to load after the computer is upgraded to Windows XP SP2 or to Windows XP SP3. The driver does this because an orphaned registry key remains from the original Sysprep image.

For more information about unsupported scenarios in which you deploy a Sysprep image on a destination computer that has a different vendor's processor, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
828287 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828287/ ) Unsupported Sysprep scenarios
Note We do not support using Sysprep to install an operating system from an image if the image was created by using a computer that has a different processor. For example, you cannot create a Sysprep image on a computer that has an Intel processor and then deploy the image to a computer that has an AMD processor.

i cant boot in safe mode,memory is clean,i have nt updated anything..now tel me the solution

boot to your windows cd , R for Repair ,at the prompt type in "CHKDSK /R " without the "" quotes

if i repair then do i have 2 install installed softwares again

if i repair then do i have 2 install installed softwares again

if you are referring to the repair[chkdsk /r] i posted the answer is no

boot to your windows cd , R for Repair ,at the prompt type in "CHKDSK /R " without the "" quotes

Nah, in Repair console, type in CHKDSK /P

I think you should update RAM.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.