Hiya. I'm having problems with my new Vista computer which I built. i've changed the power settings and that seemed to work for a while, but then had the issue again. What happens is that the computer crashes, (as aversed to temporary freezing) and requires a restart. In the event viewer, there are two errors which occur precisely before the crash. The crashing doesn't occur in safe mode.

Firstly:
Unable to initialize the security package Kerberos for server side authentication. The data field contains the error number.

Followed straight after by:
Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

Any help you can offer is much appreciated. I'm running Vista Ultimate 64bit, 4gig of ram, two HDDs, one a 1tb maxtor with the OS on it in a 50gig partition, the other a 500gig seagate, an asus P5QL PRO motherboard, intel duel core processor, and xfx ati radeon 512mb graphics card. I think that's basically everything you need to know. Any assistance you can provide is hugely appreciated.

WMI Filter is being accessed without sufficient permissions by the looks of it. Clear all the event logs of that error (it's a requirement to help stop the hanging) then copy & paste this script (below) into notepad & name it Test.vbs, log into safe mode & then run the script, restart & the problem should be solved. (The script stops the event happening)

strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
& "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" _
& strComputer & "\root\subscription")

Set obj1 = objWMIService.Get("__EventFilter.Name='BVTFilter'")

set obj2set = obj1.Associators_("__FilterToConsumerBinding")

set obj3set = obj1.References_("__FilterToConsumerBinding")

For each obj2 in obj2set
                WScript.echo "Deleting the object"
                WScript.echo obj2.GetObjectText_
                obj2.Delete_
next

For each obj3 in obj3set
                WScript.echo obj3.GetObjectText_
                obj3.Delete_
next

WScript.echo obj1.GetObjectText_
obj1.Delete_
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.