Hi

My PC has an issue at the moment with crashing repeatedly on start up - it cycles through start up, splash screen, reboot, start up and so on

I've pressed F8 to interupt the start up and disabled auto restart and got the following message code

0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x8293B820, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)

How do i fix this? - I have every picture of my kids I've ever taken stored on the C drive (and I've been slack at backing them up) so any fix that doesn't involve deleting the hard drive would be great

Thanks in advance for help

this is taking from a site that helps with blue screen errors and this is what they say about the 000xxxxxxxx24 errors '

"0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software. I suggest running ChkDsk or ScanDisk as a first step; then disable all file system filters such as virus scanners, firewall software, or backup utilities. Check the file properties of NTFS.SYS to ensure it matches the current OS or SP version. Update all disk, tape backup, CD-ROM, or removable device drivers to the most current versions.

"this is where toi start to run chkds as suggested .
,if you have the windows disk ,boot to it and go into recovery console ."R" at the prompt type in ,
chkdsk /r

ps, never rely on a computer harddrive to store pictures always burn to a cd or dvd for safe keeping

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.