Hello, for some reason I can't view every site, on some sites I get this error and it's same on any browser I use, tried IE, Firefox and Google Chrome and it's all the same. I can't view few sites, but my main problem is that I can't get to www.microsoft.com

So, could you help me fix this? Please...

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Please answer the following questions which will help me troubleshoot.

Which Operating System are you using on your computer?
Is your computer in a local network?
Are you accessing internet using a LAN or dialup?

Please answer the following questions which will help me troubleshoot.

Which Operating System are you using on your computer?
Is your computer in a local network?
Are you accessing internet using a LAN or dialup?

1. Windows Xp, Sp1

2. How can I check if it's in local network?

3. Well, my net's not over phone, so I guess it's not dialup, so it's lan. Sorry, don't know much about this stuff.

You might check your security settings and HOSTS file, but I'd run a virus scan and Malabyte.

Do you have any ethernet cable plugged into the RJ45 port of the NIC card on your computer? Another way to check it is see if you have a LAN connection icon on your screen at the bottom right.

We're on the same boat. I can't also view the complete UI of the sites that I am trying to open, what could be problem when it happens?

We're on the same boat. I can't also view the complete UI of the sites that I am trying to open, what could be problem when it happens?

1. Please start your own thread to avoid confusion.
2.See the above suggestion.

Most probably due to an infection...
Check the hosts file :
Open cmd (start/run/cmd)
type in :
'notepad C:/windows/system32/drivers/ets/hosts'
A notepad window will open up...check for something like
127.0.0.1 www.xyz.com
(where xyz = name of a website)
Or any reference to any website ur unable to access...
If you do find some such thing then erase it, save and exit...

Then in CMD type in 'ipconfig/flushdns'

Download Ccleaner, Install it, Open it...
Under the 'Cleaner' Section select all in the 'Windows' And 'Applications' Tab, Then click on 'Analyze' And then 'Run Cleaner'...
Do The Same In The 'Registry' Tab, i.e. 'Scan For Issues' and 'Fix Selected Issues', It will ask you to make a backup, DO IT...Then Click on 'Fix All'...Now Reboot The Pc..

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* Make sure all applications including browsers are closed during the scan and you are preferably not in safe mode
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad, Save the Logfile.
* Immediately Reboot he computer

*Now download TrendMicro HijackThis
*Install it, Run it and click on 'Run a scan and save a logfile'
*After the scan you will get a notepad window with the scan results, Save it.
* Post both the MBAM and HJT logs back here.

Hi Godsp3ed,

thanks. I have the exact same problem. I can't access most of the antivirus sites and microsoft.com

i have tried your advise, but i can't complete the installation of the ccleaner.

thanks.

Hi Godsp3ed,

thanks. I have the exact same problem. I can't access most of the antivirus sites and microsoft.com

i have tried your advise, but i can't complete the installation of the ccleaner.

thanks.

I'd prefer you start a new thread so that we can help in your issue better and avoid confusion... :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.