As the title says,is it ok to run regedit and find these files that ad-aware,and my avg antivirus have found,and delete each one,or will i affect the running of my pc,many thanks. ;)
P.S i have never had pop ups before,until i got the pc going again,and have now started to get them.?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

No defintly not if your having troubles with spyware download hijack this theres a link in my sig.

When you download it look at the tutorial in my sig too and then post a log here

There is an announcement at the top of this forum stating that all hijackthis logs be posted in the Virus forum; if you decide to post a log, please do so there.

As the title says,is it ok to run regedit and find these files that ad-aware,and my avg antivirus have found,and delete each one,or will i affect the running of my pc,many thanks. ;)

If you plan to edit the Registry, you should make a backup before making any changes. At the top of the Registry window, click on the Registry menu, click Export Registry File. In the Export range panel, click All, then save your registry as Backup. Then, if the running of your PC is affected, you can restore it. You should also set a restore point before making any changes (if you have that option available).

P.S i have never had pop ups before,until i got the pc going again,and have now started to get them.?

This thread may help answer that somewhat as well as help prevent it:
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread16365.html

Could you tell me how to make a system restore point please?,i came across it the other day,but can`t remember where i saw it,many thanks.olly
running xp

You should ensure that AdAware first quarantines, then deletes the nasties that it finds. If you need to search for them and delete them later, then you haven't got it configured correctly.

AVG is also able to delete stuff itself, but you should first try having the program 'fix' the things it finds.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.