Heres the problem. I thought that my vista business had the problem so i went back to what came on the computer which was vista basic. The issue is when i log off of a account then log back in again my task bar wont load all my programs it will only load yahoo msg and my printer software. Eveything else isnt there. My mouse shows that there are more things loading but nothing loads. I notice this after SP1 was installed then when SP2 got install still have the same issue. If i dont log off i wont have any problems but would like to have to accounts but i cant if when i switch user i have the same issue as i stated before if anyone has any ideas on this issue please let me know.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

If it was my pc, I would definatly format it.
Just reïnstall the whole bunch.

But what you actually could do is to scan with a anti - virus/spyware.
After that clean the registry.

And I guess you're good to go after that.

try as suggested above..have you try using malware bytes?

I just reinstall vista on it and it was a clean install formated the drive and everything. I still had the problem.

I just reinstall vista on it and it was a clean install formated the drive and everything. I still had the problem.

With just the normal Windows DVD? Not a cracked or virus infected one?

If you're sure you're using an original disc, you should check your RAM. Sounds like it has too much to load for its capacity.

Member Avatar for b1izzard

Try the following command
"sfc /scannow" on the cmd prompt.

Yes its a clean disk its the disk that came with my computer.

Yes its a clean disk its the disk that came with my computer.

if you load your original disc and do the factory defaults..it should be okay..unless the problem was there already when you bought this computer...if it is still under warranty check with your manufacturer...

It doesnt seem like a hardware problem to me. I doubt its something to do with your installed apps. Here are a few questions I would like to ask:
1. How many of your programs are set to startup when you load windows? [to check startup items go to start->Run->MsConfig->Startup [hide microsoft services] uncheck items you dont want]
2. What kind of antivirus/antimalware software do you use?
3. Check all your drivers are upto date [just incase, especially Video drivers]

It is also a possibility that have configured something wrong or one or more of your apps is causing the problem.

Cheers!

It has something to do with my virus scan. I have PC security Shield. When i turn on the registry guard that's when i get the issue but as soon as i turn it off i have mo problem. I found this out because i did a clean install with the factory disk and turn on registry guard and logged off and logged on to another account and it did load the programs right then i turned registry guard off and logged off and logged back on and had no problem and it does it every time i turn on reg guard.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.