For some reason I can't open any Microsoft Office files...the icon is that generic white icon with a tabbed corner and a window on it. Tried reinstalling office and I get an error.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

what's the error that you get? did you uninstall the office before you try to re-install? or you do a repair installation?

I don't get an error...nothing happens. Can't open Office, can't uninstall office, get error when I try to reinstall office!

I'm sorry I don't have my laptop with me so I don't know the error...but I'm pretty sure it just says it encountered an error during installation. I can't uninstall it, it say's that there is a conflict with the language or something to that affect. I'm trying to reinstall it not repair it. 2007 version

I'll post a more detailed description in about 1/2 hour.

When I try to open a word doc I get this error:

"Error applying transforms. Verify that the specific transforms path are valid."

Control Panel will not even open to try to uninstall it!!

So I'm trying Revouninstaller...

In Revo it shows: Microsoft Office Excel MUI (English 2007), Microsoft Office Proof (French) 2007, Microsoft Office Proof (Spanish) 2007, Microsoft Office Proofing (English) 2007, Microsoft Office Shared Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2007, Microsoft Office Standard 2007...

When I attempt to uninstall Microsoft Office Standard 2007 in Revo it says: "The language of this installation package is not supported by your system."

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.