Friends, mine is a Intel Pentium 4 processor with Windows XP and Fodora LINUX dual boot operating system.
Default is Windows XP. Currently I am logged on as a different user
" Shanky " other than Administrator and forgot the Administrator Password. The Windows XP after boot shows only Shanky (no separate icon marked Administrator is shown).I typed "net user" on command prompt. The result shows Shanky as HelpAssistant.
On clicking User Accounts in Control Panel , the message box appears "Microsoft Management Console has stopped this program ....for virus protection"...etc. On clicking System Restore, message box says "Data Extraction Prevention stopped this program.........".
I am unable to see network LAN status panel even after creation of new network connection according to new internet connection although ETHERNET NIC Driver shows to be working properly status.
I wanted to format.....but CD is not accepted at boot time and CD read after logging on ....does not accept "correct" validation key and formatting fails.
Please help me............i've tried checking with Registry Mechanic & Avast Antiivirus for viruses and registry edits.
No safe mode appears on pressing F8 after restart also .

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Sounds like it is infected. Run Mbam on it. Google will find it.

You can possibly try booting on a safe mode and see the start up. Disable all the unnecessary programs, and possibly you could find malicious viruses. Also, if you can find, you could use ERD Commander, will get your administrator status back. Hope it helps.

You are unable to access user accounts probably because you are not the Administrator, At this point of time i'd suggest you to get back to your Administrator account. Assuming you have intermediate+ computer knowledge, i'd suggest you to use the following tool to clear the Administrator password and gain access to the Admin account and other matters can be dealt after that :

Offine NT Password & Registry Editor [Advanced, Small (3.5 Mb), fast, not so user friendly, 100% accurate (Will Clear The Password)]

ELSE

Ophcrack [Basic, 400+ Mb, User Friendly, 99% accurate, (Will Retrieve the password)]

You can possibly try booting on a safe mode and see the start up. Disable all the unnecessary programs, and possibly you could find malicious viruses. Also, if you can find, you could use ERD Commander, will get your administrator status back. Hope it helps.

No safe mode option appears on pressing F8 after restart.
Motherboard is D101GGC and computer is 3 years old.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.