My name is Linda Cooper. I am a part time instructor at the Rowan-Cabarrus Community College in Concord, North Carolina. I teach networking and security courses, mostly through Cisco.

We are trying to eliminate the need for using swap drives for each of the different classes that we teach and thought that VMWare would be the perfect solution.

Unfortunately, I am not a whiz kid, nor a guru. My first dilema was getting HyperTerminal Private Edition v6.3 to work with our routers, switches, pixes, and found that it did not like SP2.

After uninstalling SP2, we come up with an error: 30 unspecified error. I went back to MS Update and downloaded all the 83 security updates without SP2 and now I can not even launch MSIE at all. I get an error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetcpl.cpl

Can anyone suggest where I might start looking?

I am in desparate need of help with VMWare and Windows Server 2003. Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

What is the error in event viewer? Is this 2003 server or xp? Why can't you use hyperterminal that comes with windows?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.