I am being drive absolutely crazy with Firefox 3.0.11. 99% of the time I click on a link or put a url into the address bar to search I get “Address Not Found – Firefox can’t find the server at………..URL” I the click ‘Try Again’ and the site comes up.

I’ve searched the mozilla forums and there seems to be a lot of confusion and queries on this subject but no definitive answer.

Has anyone experienced this problem and found the answer?

Joe Watson

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Your pc is probably infected. What protective softwrare have you got and what does it say when you do a FULL scan?

Your pc is probably infected. What protective softwrare have you got and what does it say when you do a FULL scan?

Before I opened this thread I did a FULL scan on Adaware and NOD32. I also did a scan with Spybot and I have Spyware Blaster installed. Everything came up clean

Joe

what happens in other browsers? i tend to think it may be related to your network configuration.

I use IE7 occasionally and there's no problem when using that.

Joe

I have this same problem. However it is with Firefox 3.5, IE8, Chrome.
I have spend endless hours with att tech support. Today I thought we finally fixed it, removed IE8. replaced it with IE7. It all worked for a while, but the problem is back. I am using XP Pro sp3. If any has an answer Please Post it. If I get it fixed I will post it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.