Help!

I've read loads of near identical posts on this forum and others about similar problems but i can still not fix this problem.
It only started about 1 month ago. In that time I have installed a number of microsoft patches as well as having run ad aware recently to get rid of a load of tracking programs installed with my MP3 player....

I click on a link and it makes the little click that XP does but then it doesn't open it, just does nothing! If u hover over the link it says "Javascipt:.." etc.. i.e. it's a Javascript link.

This problem occurs both in IE 6 and Mozilla Firefox. However was not an issue just a month ago (and oddly I was away for 3 weeks of that month not on the PC....

I have so far followed the following pieces of advice:

1. Made sure I had Enable active scripting turned on
tools /internet options/security/custome level

2. Downloaded a file from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...&displaylang=en

3. I did....

Start-->Run-->regsvr32 urlmon.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Msjava.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Browseui.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Shell32.dll

4. Run http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm

5. Cleared all temporary files etc.

None of these have helped.

Is there anything else I can try??

Thanks!

I should also add that I am running Windows XP.

I use ZoneAlarm as a firewall - which I have switched off to no avail.
I use Norton as a virus killer - again which I have switched off to no avail
I use Ad Aware to delete spy ware

I have de-installed service pack 2 - which made no difference, so am trying to re-install it.

That's about it :)

The fix for your problem is to reregister the jscript.dll, I also did the vbscript.dll to be sure that was working too.

Start-->Run-->regsvr32 jscript.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 vbscript.dll

DarkElf
www.tbbs.net

Cheers for the tip, however that still leaves the Javascript links as dead.

I also re-installed Javascript and that has not worked.

Shall I just buy a Mac??

:p

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, I ran into this problem 4 days ago, the only thing that worked for me was to do the following;
Click on "Tools", then "Manage Add Ons" the one addon that made the difference for me was "req.dat", I disabled this one and everything worked again.
I got the idea to do this from this Microsoft help page http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=cffeadfd-63f2-4bbe-9746-bccc784d84c8&SID=1485

Hope this helps. :mrgreen:

The fix for your problem is to reregister the jscript.dll, I also did the vbscript.dll to be sure that was working too.

Start-->Run-->regsvr32 jscript.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 vbscript.dll

DarkElf
www.tbbs.net

Thanks a ton!!!!!!!! I was this close to wiping my entire computer. I just checked the forum for one last time and found this wonderful, yet simple resolution. I couldn't believe it was this simple. I mean, of all the software I modified and added to get my javascripts working again. I actually wouldn't have tried this fix had it not been this simple. Wow. Thanks so much. There's hope after all.....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.