undefined

I just got a new puter today, HP Media Center/Photosmart PC.

I do medical transcription and have my voice files download into a program called Express Scribe. When I try to download my voice files from a secured site, as I have always done, Windows Media Player 10 pops up for me to install. Obviously this program is overriding the Express Scribe. I am puter illiterate. If someone can help me on how to disable this feature, Windows Media Player 10, i would be eternally grateful.

e-mail me at croush@adelphia.net :cry:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi ,welcome to DaniWeb ,in WMPlayer ,go to tools .options file types and uncheck the file type of your downloaded file if it there ,i did a quick search for express scribe and dont think it going to be there but check anyway ,
also maybe this will help if espress scribe is in the list ,go to stat/set programs or defaults .if it not there then go to start/control panel /add and remove programs and on the left you will see set programs and defaults and click on nonmicrosoft ,and media player ,click the dropdown and see if express scribe is in the list .

Media Audio/video is listed under file type in WMPlayer. If I click on advance and choose to remove it will this do the trick. Also, by removing it, will it affect realtek sound card as I have Dragon Naturally speaking installed?

Media Audio/video is listed under file type in WMPlayer. If I click on advance and choose to remove it will this do the trick. Also, by removing it, will it affect realtek sound card as I have Dragon Naturally speaking installed?

CaperJack, I got it. Tyyyyyyy :)

CaperJack, I got it. Tyyyyyyy :)

Great ,just to answer you question regarding the removal of a file type in wmp 10 ,it will not affect anything else it just means that wmp will not open that file type ,until you recheck it to do so .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.