I recently bought a new computer

4G ram
Amd phenom 2 ×4
ATi 4870
MSI
etc..

Anyway there is no possibility that any crashes are caused by hardware....

But windows 7 RC keeps crashing with blue screens while normal activities

So is the problem because its still on beta or what ???

Anyone has similar problems BTW i use (64 bit)

Thank in advance

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

I'd wouldn't be looking at the hardware, but at the hardware drivers. ATI cards don't always have the best rep on pre-release OS drivers.

Open up Device Manager and first check all hardware showing as "installed" - look for devices showing a yellow triangle, meaning a device error. Also ensure you have all the newest driver builds across the board.

The only issue I had on Win7 x64 was in relation to a BSOD on wake from Sleep. Turned out the cats knocking out the power cord several times - and the incorrect power-downs resulting - had corrupted the TurboCache drivers. Due to the need to install those drivers early on the the whole driver-install process, opted for clean install (and changing where I plug in the notebook)

Haven't had any issues since reinstalling a month or so ago

Ok i checked all my drivers are installed

And i even downloaded driver scanner to check that they are updated

THEY all are

Any other suggestions

What are the error codes you get on blue screen?? Will help identify what is causing the crash. Full system specs also helpful, as can make easier to match any error codes to specific hardware issues :)

To be honest, I've heard too many horror stories about theses so-called driver-scan apps... would be getting it off your system ASAP

In all honesty, I can't even read that, as vid quality is too cr@ppy. Would be more helpful for you to post error codes from your own BSOD's

i Managed to record the important parts of the error

Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is your first time (some useless text).........

Technical information

*** stop: 0×000000D1 (0×FFFFFA7, F888FFDC8,0×0000000000000002, 0×0000000000000001, 0×FFFFF8800480B077)

***dxgmmsi.sts.address FFFF8800480B077 base at FFFF88004800000, Datestamp 490092102

Hi, you can try to repair the OS itself and patch with its latest updates.

Hope it will help you.

Goodluck!

commented: try actually knowing what you are talking about before posting "help"!! +0

Hi, you can try to repair the OS itself and patch with its latest updates.

Hope it will help you.

Goodluck!

WTF?? If you have no clue what you are talking about, go away!!

Three options, all referring to memory-type errors:

• Faulty or mis-matched RAM
  • Corrupted/faulty page-file (virtual memory) - this can can be fixed by manually setting a higher-than-max required page-file size
  • faulty hardware drivers

NB: the "0×000000D1" error code way the real clue ;) Do a Google search for that error code for further info

I'm just suggesting for the possible solution for the windows 7 crashes on his computer.

Well, if my suggestion isn't applicable, don't let our "what so called, i am-very-genius-and-perfect" member, say or use offensive word.

Everybody is our audience. Please control ourselves.

Thank you.

<Peace!> :-)

I'm just suggesting for the possible solution for the windows 7 crashes on his computer.

Well, if my suggestion isn't applicable, don't let our "what so called, i am-very-genius-and-perfect" member, say or use offensive word.

Everybody is our audience. Please control ourselves.

Thank you.

<Peace!> :-)

Never said I was a genius. First thing I did was look up the error code, rather than just saying the first thing that came to mind.

Nothing to see here folks, move along, move along.

There are still a few drivers out there that haven't really been brought up to snuff. If in a pinch, you can regress to Vista drivers to try and troubleshoot. I would try the easy things first, like KanineLupus mentioned. First try manually changing your Swap File (virtual memory) size to something bigger than Windows says should be the maximum needed. Reboot, Then you can change it back to smaller if need be. If this doesn't fix it, try running memtest86 or Windows 7 or Windows Vista's memtest utility against the system. Just because it is brand new doesn't mean there aren't hardware issues. There are plenty of components that are DOA or suffer from a form of infant mortality (die in the first few weeks to months). If memtest comes up clean, then try scouring through sites looking for either updated drivers (those driver-scanner tools are notoriously _BAD_) or get the latest from Windows update. If this does not seem to do it, try replacing a few of the drivers, starting with your video card driver and sound driver with Windows Vista versions of the drivers (64-bit of course). Anything further than that I would need to play with it myself. However, the Microsoft devs that tend to inhabit the official Windows 7 RC Support Forum (located here http://tinyurl.com/9fhdl5 ) may have a better idea of what is going on, especially if you give them as much info as possible (including those stop codes from the blue screen).

You sure the file name listed on the error is dxgmmsi.sts? 0xD1 codes generally signify a corrupt driver. A search for dxgmmsi.sts did not pull up any results. Could you double check and post back?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.