I've completed nearly 95% of summer homework. the battery was removed and i was using the charger instead. but my sister tripped over the charger and disconnected it from the computer. it shut off on me. when i turned it back on...nothing shows up except this black screen asking me if i want to start the laptop in safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, or to start it in the last known best configuration or normally...but no matter which option i select...nothing works!!!! each time i select an option the laptop just restarts...it goes microsoft windows xp then the black screen appears again with the same options....the laptop allows me 30 seconds to decide if i do it restarts again and loads only the black screen with the same options but if i leave it alone and not choose it just restarts and loads the black screen again!! save me....im in desperate need of help!omfg...someone please save me!!!!!!!!!!summer is like over....how am i supposed to complete 2 months worth of work in less than 2 weeks??????????

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Mate your hard drive needs help...

If you got a second computer, that can fix the errors on ya hard drive and then it should load up normally when you insert it in the orginal computer/laptop

Mate your hard drive needs help...

If you got a second computer, that can fix the errors on ya hard drive and then it should load up normally when you insert it in the orginal computer/laptop

ummm....im computer retarded and illiterate....so wut u just said....i have no understanding of whatsoever.....but its the thought that counts so thanks.....i think i'll just use the recovery disk n start all over....thnks

If you do that, you'll lose your work.

You can always download ERD, burn it to CD and boot from CD to save your work.

Do you have your XP Windows Install CD handy? if so you can do a repair install of windows. This will not delete any of your files and might/should fix your problem.
Post back if ya need directions.

Hi,
Neeko has given you the best advice, follow his post. But if you do have trouble, do not delete anything from your PC as you may never get it back. you can reinstall XP on the same partition as the last (Leaving the existing windows) then when the new windows, load your programs (Word etc) and you should be able to access all the work you have been working on. NOTE:- Do not delete anything, install on same partition, do not allow installation to format partition, click leave other installation as is (or something like that). You will have to re register windows, download all updates and reinstall all your other programs that windows uses.

So as I said, do a repair from your install disk first, it should fix your problems. If it works, come back here, mark this thread as solved and add to Neeko's rep> Thank you.

a) reviving dead thread
b) "recovering with recovery disk" means formatting primary partition
c) too late anyway
and, yea.. d) Laptop = no XP Setup CD

Hi Chaky,
I have no idea what you are talking about, the poster said he was thinking about using his recovery disks, he has not yet. he was advised to try two other different methods first where his drive or partition would not be formatted. It is not too late. He may have a XP OS disk on his recovery disks that he can use as a repairer before a full recovery.
And F.) yea, u r right lets not offer any help that may b of help, let him delete all his work and fail school.

And I C U R correct is is a revived very old thread, sorry....

It's not you that preformed a necromancy here.. it's that neeko guy.

And you can't help someone who gave up...

a) reviving dead thread
b) "recovering with recovery disk" means formatting primary partition
c) too late anyway
and, yea.. d) Laptop = no XP Setup CD

a) Yep

b) Recovery Disk ... no no XP cd, repair install only formats a tiny bit of the partion that that windows program was using and then reloads it. No files are deleted.

C) Probley so, but good advice anyhow.

D) Yes some laptops do come with XP cds. I've used a goverment addition XP cd to run the repair last time it had to be dne.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.