I recently powered on my computer but i get the message no signal from the monitor. I tried a new graphic card and i reset the memory modules but i still have the same problem. My computer is a compact evo 310.

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Have you tried a different monitor? Those can go bad as well. I have seen some instances where this happens and powering all of the hardware off for a few seconds and turning it back on has solved the issue. I would remove the power cable when doing this to be sure.

Have you tried a different monitor? Those can go bad as well. I have seen some instances where this happens and powering all of the hardware off for a few seconds and turning it back on has solved the issue. I would remove the power cable when doing this to be sure.

I have tried a different monitor but still have the same problem

So you have tried VideoCardA with MonitorA and MonitorB, and VideoCardB with MonitorA and MonitorB?

That doesn't make sense if its not working unless the PCI/AGP/PCIe slot on the motherboard is fried

So you have tried VideoCardA with MonitorA and MonitorB, and VideoCardB with MonitorA and MonitorB?

That doesn't make sense if its not working unless the PCI/AGP/PCIe slot on the motherboard is fried

Yes i have tried that and still get the same result.

My guess would be the motherboard then. You didn't try to hotswap the card did you? ;)

My guess would be the motherboard then. You didn't try to hotswap the card did you? ;)

No. Could it possibly be the power supply.

Anything is possible but that I doubt that is the issue. Do you hear any beeps from the motherboard when it boots, or can you hear the hard drive working after ~20seconds?

Anything is possible but that I doubt that is the issue. Do you hear any beeps from the motherboard when it boots, or can you hear the hard drive working after ~20seconds?

Yes I can hear beeps on startup and can hear the hard drive running

Then I doubt it is the power supply. It sounds like your motherboard slot is fried.

try starting in safe mode and set it to VGA. It may be that the drivers for your card are too new. If that doesn't work, check the motherboard for swollen capacitors. I had several that had those and it showed up with bad video.

try starting in safe mode and set it to VGA. It may be that the drivers for your card are too new. If that doesn't work, check the motherboard for swollen capacitors. I had several that had those and it showed up with bad video.

Did you mean to tell him to go to bios to check to see if the video card is being picked up in bios?

How do you go in to the BIOS or Safe Made without the monitor?

is it a lcd monitor ,make sure to turn off the monitor ,unplug it from power source ,,then boot computer first ,then plug in and turn on the monitor

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.