I found a strange folder in one of my drive's root today.

The folder name is
adf13d23ac52423b6504173ab679
the size of this folder is 6.12 mb
and the contents are two more directories.
1- amd64
2- i386

I upload two files to have a look on the contents. What I know is just that yesterday system was made some updates from Microsoft. And install drivers for my laptop but, I know that they makes a folder in the C:\ directory with the name SWSetup.

Thanks
chand

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

That is because you have "show hidden files and folders" still turned on. Re-hide hidden files and folders and they will disappear.

Do not delete them, if you do, you will kill windows.

That is because you have "show hidden files and folders" still turned on. Re-hide hidden files and folders and they will disappear.

Do not delete them, if you do, you will kill windows.

Or if I put them in some other folder, but remain on this same directory. By the way this folder created yesterday approximately at 01:35 pm, moreover my windows are installed on drive C:\ . And D:\ has installed softwares and one XAMPP only, E:\ is for my data and F:\ is the recovery drive. I don't think so that it has anything to do with windows, because right now before posting the thread I put it in the folder, namely, anonymousfolder. But right now windows don't show any malfunctioning.

What you say...?

And one more thing it is not a hidden folder.

Well i386 is usually to do with windows system files, possibly windows updates.

If you feel confident with what you do with them.......

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.