Hello and good health to you

A cry for help from a old fossil new to dvd burning. I have just purchased a dvd-rw for my dell 4800. I have also purchased some phillips 4.7GB dvd-rw discs. I am trying to burn a film on to one using nero but nero keeps telling me it is to big even though I have shrunk it twice so far. Just how many MB does one of these discs hold or how far do I have to shrink the file?

Can anyone help?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hello and good health to you

A cry for help from a old fossil new to dvd burning. I have just purchased a dvd-rw for my dell 4800. I have also purchased some phillips 4.7GB dvd-rw discs. I am trying to burn a film on to one using nero but nero keeps telling me it is to big even though I have shrunk it twice so far. Just how many MB does one of these discs hold or how far do I have to shrink the file?

Can anyone help?

sounds like nero thinks its a cd-rw,are you using nero ulta ,and the dvd section .not the cd-rw section .what are you using to shrink the program .also you say burn a film onto the disk ,just what do you mean by this,do you mean make a backup copy of a dvd you own ,or a movie youve downloaded from the net .

Hello Me

Thanks for the reply. I am a bit of a dope as far as all this is concerned. My lovely young lady is going to buy me a book on how to burn dvds. If I still have problems can I get back to you? Anyway to answer your questions, I have both Nero Burning Rom v6.SE and Ashampoo Shrink and Burn and it was the latter that I was trying to use. The movie concerned was one that I had downloaded.

Regards

Redskin

Hello Me

Thanks for the reply. I am a bit of a dope as far as all this is concerned. My lovely young lady is going to buy me a book on how to burn dvds. If I still have problems can I get back to you? Anyway to answer your questions, I have both Nero Burning Rom v6.SE and Ashampoo Shrink and Burn and it was the latter that I was trying to use. The movie concerned was one that I had downloaded.

Regards

Redskin

Giving that downloading movies is illegal, it goes against the rules here at DaniWeb to disscuse this any further,sorry !
PS: i don't think you will find a book that covers it either! sorry

Thread closed by alc6379

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.