hi, i have two operating systems on my computer, namely windows me and windows xp...i have used windows me for the most and kept xp as a back up...i'd now like to uninstall windows me cus the two operating systems really slow my computer down (especially as far as my internet use is concerned)... i have powerquest partition magic 6.0 onmy computer and here are a few stats that might also be helpful to u guys:

windows me takes up 16,7 Go of my computer hard disk space
windows xp takes up the remaining 21,4 Go
i have xp professional as opposed to the family edition
my computer is about a year old

so realy what i'd like o now is do i go about it and will i be able to install my internet access on the new OS? bear in mind I configured my internet access on ME to begin with and everytime i've tried installing it on xp it never worked...

Thanks a lot and sorry about the long message

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

with XP you should be able to remove the ME instaltion

they shouldnt "slow" your computer down at all. computers that dont get defraged and cleand up now and then run slow as hell ;D

whos your isp? and "why" wouldnt it work

Hi .. look if u want to remove "winodws me" and u have windows xp .. log in xp and remove the directory of windows me and open c:\boot.ini and remove the link for winodws me ... is it okay?

Hi,
I want to uninstall Windows ME completely and start fresh with XP ! How do I do this ? There isn't an entry in "Add Remove Programs" for ME.

Hi,
I want to uninstall Windows ME completely and start fresh with XP ! How do I do this ? There isn't an entry in "Add Remove Programs" for ME.

With the winxp cd in thr cdrom reboot computer to cdrom,follow on screen instructions and format HDD and reload winxp

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.