I just bought a used computer and can't get online. it seems that it is connecting at 10 mpbs but when I click on internet explorer it says cannot connect. When I first log onto the computer in the lower right hand computer a bubble comes up and says

"offline files - working offline - you are no longer connected to the computes on the network. you can continue working normally"

does this mean it is looking for a network? I did buy it used from a company.

what can I do to use it at home to connect to the internet explorer???? please help

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Use the repair function when you click on the connexion icon. That's the first step. You could also go to the CMD console and type IPCONFIG /ALL and provide the results back to us.

It may well be about settings.

I assume you're trying to connect via a working router.

If you bought it "used, from a company", do you mean that it was previously in an office environment? It might be set up to connect to a domain, which you are not part of.

Right click My Computer | Properties | Computer Name tab. Is it part of a domain or a Workgroup?

If you bought it "used, from a company", do you mean that it was previously in an office environment? It might be set up to connect to a domain, which you are not part of.

Right click My Computer | Properties | Computer Name tab. Is it part of a domain or a Workgroup?

Good suggestion.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.