I'm at college, but at home I am unable to connect to the internet, I had an NTL digital set top box, but they needed to replace it so I am capable of higher speeds, However since then I have been unable to connect to the internet. I phoned NTL up asking for support, twice..but they have blamed windows, and told me to do a system restore which has failed. I really don't want to reinstall windows, only as a last resort.

I get the error:
Limited or no connectivity.

I also got an error when trying to reinstall the broadband software:
One of your network adapters is set to DHCP.

Its really frustrating, because I don't know how to solve this problem.

I've tried turning firewalls off etc.

I seemed to get an update from windows, whether thats from the net im unsure, but I cannot get on IE, MSN, AIM, or anything of the sort..Im basically living with no net what so ever!

I'm sorry if this has been posted in the wrong forum, but Im really desperate, and any tips you can give me before I finish college would be greatley appreciated.

Thanks In Advance.

Im just crossing my fingers!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Open My Network Places, click on your Ethernet adapter, select Properties,
then TCP/IP Properties, set it to "Obtain an IP Address automatically"
and also "Obtain DNS Server" Automatically .. this should fix it.

Or if all else fails, you might try the WINSOCK fix .. I have uploaded it for you

Good luck

Bruceb's suggestions should fix your problem.

However, if they don't, I suggest DO NOT do a system restore. The problem you're encountering has a 99% chance of being "simple fix," albeit I can't give you a specific answer.

It would be money well spent to have someone else fix it rather than doing a system restore (which probably won't fix the problem anyway).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.