i have dell vostro 1000 with win xp OS, bought an zonet external wireless usb card, installed its driver from CD; after that windows login screen GUI changed, and after couple of days this security alert message popped up in my laptop but in a different language which i can't understand...attached the screen shot here..please assist.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

i have dell vostro 1000 with win xp OS, bought an zonet external wireless usb card, installed its driver from CD; after that windows login screen GUI changed, and after couple of days this security alert message popped up in my laptop but in a different language which i can't understand...attached the screen shot here..please assist.

Hi,

It seems some virus infection... better try with some anti virus or take the backup of your important data and reinstall the OS ...

Or

If you have little bit knowledge in windows, download autoruns.exe utility from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx . Just double click and run it , it will show all the applications those are configured for the startup . Just see the vendor of all the application , like if it is from microsoft means the publisher name will be Microsoft . So u can find the unwanted or virus applications with out or with unfamiliar vendor name. If sio then google it for the exe file. so u will come to know if it is a virus. just right click and delete it.

Same way you can use processexplorer.exe from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx .
This utility is like Windows Taskmanager. Using this u can find all the process those are currently running. If any unwanted process (virus) running currently then just right click the process and delete it .

I hope this will help you at least little bit ..

Romi

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.