Hello everyone. I recently installed windows 7 Professional and I have moved my stuff( documents etc ). I tried to install Visual C++ 2005 Express edition but it has compatibility issues. I wanted to download Visual C++ 2008 Express edition. I just wanted to ask if anyone has installed it and if so, if it had some compatibility issues with Windows 7 that will take time to fix.
Thank You.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hello everyone. I recently installed windows 7 Professional and I have moved my stuff( documents etc ). I tried to install Visual C++ 2005 Express edition but it has compatibility issues. I wanted to download Visual C++ 2008 Express edition. I just wanted to ask if anyone has installed it and if so, if it had some compatibility issues with Windows 7 that will take time to fix.
Thank You.

You may get a better response by posting here;

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/forum8.html

Please check the c++ forum to post or check the thread.
Thank You.

You should be able to install MinGW or Cygwin just as under vista, and then use those toolchains with the Netbeans IDE and its C++ plugin.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.