i am running Vista Home Premium 64 bit. I built a new PC about 2 months ago.

Asus MoBo
Phenom11 Quad Core 3.2Ghz
8gigs of 1333 DDR3 Memory
On board video( ATI 4200)
2 Western Digital Hard Drives 750 -Black Cavair
Plextor DVD/CDRW
Blue Ray DVD
750 watt Power Supply
I looked in the bios before I rebooted,I do not remember if it showed the PCI
System was running great had it overclocked and tweaked.I bought a Saphire 4830 Video card.
I installed the new card.Booted up using the onboard video card.
I uninstalled the ATI,Catalyst Driver suite.
The screen changed to 600x800,loked like safe mode.
I rebooted the PC,no video.I know it booted up into windows I heard the Microsoft music when it boots.
I tried rebooting,sutting power off,with no luck.
Now I have no video at all.When I boot It may show the scren ,Do you want to boot into windows and other choices.I do not know for sure but,all the times I shut it down it has to .
I tried getting into bios no luck.
After the card was installed and I booted into old onboard video.I went into bios,I do not remember if it showed the PCI-2 slot??

All I want to do is to boot into windows.I guess it would be easier using onboard video???
I appreciate any help.I have not built a new system in 5 years,plus old age does not help.
Thank You in advance Doug

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Try this if you haven't already;

1. Remove the Saphire card from the PC
2. Remove all related software and drivers for that card.
3. Presuming the on-board video works so you can get on the internet, go to ATI.com and download the latest driver software for your OS and card.
4. Install the software/drivers
5. Shut down the PC.
6. Install the Saphire Graphics Card and connect the monitor to it and start the PC.
7. When the "New Hardware Wizard" starts, direct it to the installed drivers.

If that doesn't work, it may be a bad card.
I had a similar problem a few months back with a new card and it turned out the card was in fact bad.

Try this if you haven't already;

1. Remove the Saphire card from the PC
2. Remove all related software and drivers for that card.
3. Presuming the on-board video works so you can get on the internet, go to ATI.com and download the latest driver software for your OS and card.
4. Install the software/drivers
5. Shut down the PC.
6. Install the Saphire Graphics Card and connect the monitor to it and start the PC.
7. When the "New Hardware Wizard" starts, direct it to the installed drivers.

If that doesn't work, it may be a bad card.
I had a similar problem a few months back with a new card and it turned out the card was in fact bad.

I was in the process of what you said,I installed the drivers and software for new card.What I did was remove the drivers and software for the on board video.I shut down,installed new card,Rebooted.
I have nothing but blank screen.I can not go into Bios even??
I power up and keep tapping delte to get into Bios and no such luck.
I tried changing keyboard thinking key or was not recognized.
The only thing I think is the Bios chip failed???I appreciate your help

Doug

When you say you can't get in to the BIOS, the screen is blank at that time, you get no MOBO Logo or message to enter Set-Up?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.