How to breakup XP administrator password or how to recover forgotten xp administrator password.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

You could always try getting the SpotMau PowerSuite 2009. ^^; Of course, if you don't exactly have the cash or you cant order things (like me lol..)

I wouldn't know what to do, but I found some really useful info when I did a search. it would involve your Windows XP CD though. Do you have it?

Do have have access to an admin account? As in any admin account? If so you can reset the password without knowing the old one via net user command.

net user administrator *

Hi necrolin,
You have been here awhile, I thought you should have known that this site can not give out information to over-ride passwords. We have no idea who's PC the poster wants to get into and what they want to do there.

Hi necrolin,
You have been here awhile, I thought you should have known that this site can not give out information to over-ride passwords. We have no idea who's PC the poster wants to get into and what they want to do there.

I had no idea. Moderators, feel free to delete my post. I guess I'm a little too trusting of people. Sorry, if I broke any forum regulations. It wasn't my intention.

Hi,
I am not a moderator and I am not condemning you just pointing out the situation. We would not be happy if someone accessed this site, found out how to crack a password and formatted our complete hard drive. There is enough information out there already, without us helping to spread it further.

The first thing which you check if you forget login password. When we install Windows, it automatically creates an account “Administrator” and sets its password to blank. So if you have forget your user account password then try this:
Start system and when you see Windows Welcome screen / Login screen, press ctrl+alt+del keys twice and it’ll show Classic Login box. Now type “Administrator” (without quotes) in Username and leave Password field blank. Now press Enter and you should be able to log in Windows.
Now you can reset your account password from “Control Panel -> User Accounts”.
Same thing can be done using Safe Mode. In Safe Mode Windows will show this in-built Administrator account in Login screen.

Windows XP and further versions also provide another method to recover forgotten password by using “Reset Disk”. If you created a Password Reset Disk in past, you can use that disk to reset the password. To know more about it, please visit following links:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305478

a lot of same question asked in this forums,you can also learn from http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread208078.html#

Hi linky1124,
I am asking you to just think about the information you are going to give, before you post an answer as you have, is the poster the owner of the PC they want to access? While the information you gave is a method of accessing a PC to change a password, would it help someone else as well as the poster, reading this post to access someone else's PC that they had no right to access. Your answers were not against the strict rules of this site but I believe that morally they should not be given on an open forum.
I think the main thing to think about is, how would you feel to find someone had accessed your PC through information posted on here and deleted all your private information.
Read http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread235354.html

Do have have access to an admin account? As in any admin account? If so you can reset the password without knowing the old one via net user command.

net user administrator *

Removed your link. Have not put this on your record...........this time :).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.