hey
i got an mp3 player ('MOSMP028- ministry of sound') this xmas, but my computer doesn't like it too much. the disk i got with the player has a program, like windows media player, to send music to the player, but apparently (according to windows) no drivers. i've searched on the web and found a few people with the same problem.
i had a look at the contents of the cd earlier to find two .cab files which winzip won't open, called 'data1.cab' and 'data2.cab'.
would it be possible that the drivers are inside these cab files, and if so.. how can i open them? i've tried a number of programs like 'cabview' and 'cabexplorer' but none seem to work, maybe it's my o.s? (windows m.e)
please help,
thanks, sam ^.^

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

hey
i got an mp3 player ('MOSMP028- ministry of sound') this xmas, but my computer doesn't like it too much. the disk i got with the player has a program, like windows media player, to send music to the player, but apparently (according to windows) no drivers. i've searched on the web and found a few people with the same problem.
i had a look at the contents of the cd earlier to find two .cab files which winzip won't open, called 'data1.cab' and 'data2.cab'.
would it be possible that the drivers are inside these cab files, and if so.. how can i open them? i've tried a number of programs like 'cabview' and 'cabexplorer' but none seem to work, maybe it's my o.s? (windows m.e)
please help,

thanks, sam ^.^

It wont be in the cab files. DId you try and let Windows pick up the device by itself? ME shouldnt have a problem assigning a driver to an mp3 player. I would try uninstalling your software, then plug in the mp3 and see what happens.

Also, you can try going to the manufaturers website, and finding a download for the drivers. Driver downloads are usually in the support area.

I hardly ever use drivers provided with the product anymore, the downloadable drivers are quicker to get, easier to install, and have a chance of being a newer version.

i've tried uninstalling it- reinstalling it.. etc etc, and it picks up an 'unknown device'. it says there are no drivers on the disk and i've checked the site.. no drivers there either.. arg! maybe there is a disk missing with the drivers on? the ministry of sound help desk opens tomorrow, i wonder if the 1/min line will help.. >.<
thanks for your help so far, any further suggestions would be fab.. ^_^

MOSMP028 20 gig MP3 JUKEBOX

Found out how to install the driver properly. A very helpful man on the MOS help line gave me this tip.

Run the setup CD that comes with the player.

The first part to install is the drivers and system tools (CHD1000 software) and then MUSICMATCH will install.

At the end of the MUSICMATCH install it will prompt you to restart the PC.

Select the No, I will restart it later option.

The driver software is still installing in the background and will not be completed for about 2 minutes or so.

Eventually you will get a second message window prompting your to restart. Select Yes this time.

After restarting plug in the player and a new hardware prompt will come up. Select the auto install option and this time it should be able to find the correct drivers for the MP3 player.

I hope this will sort out all you problems with the player.

i've tried uninstalling it- reinstalling it.. etc etc, and it picks up an 'unknown device'. it says there are no drivers on the disk and i've checked the site.. no drivers there either.. arg! maybe there is a disk missing with the drivers on? the ministry of sound help desk opens tomorrow, i wonder if the 1/min line will help.. >.<
thanks for your help so far, any further suggestions would be fab.. ^_^

I searched and I searched some more...
I waited on the telephone for what seemed like forever....
Then I thought... Who makes them? I bet its a re-brand. With a little bit of delving in the faulty driver files I had I was able to find the following manufacturer.

These are the drivers for a product called the "Treo 15" this Music_explorer utility allows you to drag and drop any type of file to your player including data (use as a portable HDD). This program is free and can be installed on any PC unlike the musicmatch software. Which now works too.

Enjoy.

Hi to all, I would just like to confirm the steps to get the driver intsalled properly....

MAKE SURE all the software is completely removed or this will not work.(I had to use a regestry cleaner)

THE DISC should auto run if not use explorer and run setup.

FOLLOW THE installation process.

DO NOT RESTART on the first promt. Select "no, I will restart my computer later"

ANOTHER PROMPT for a restart will come up shortly after select yes to restart.

NOW THAT you have restarted you can install the DRIVER!!! :D

THERE ARE a couple of ways but the one that will work for sure is to go to Your device manager. The mp3 player should be on there in the usb directory as "unknown device". Go to update drive and automatically find the drive.

IT WILL ONLY FIND THE DRIVE IF YOU HAVE FOLLOWED THE CORRECT INSTALLATION PROCESS.

I think everyone is having problems with this due to badly designed installation process.....basically 2 things are trying to install at once and you are promted for a restart before both are finished.....

Thanks to PsLoan for putting me on the right track :cool:

ffgggfgfgfgfgfg

fgfgfgdgdfgdgfdsg

hi-ya

i was just wanting to know if files from the mp3 player can be put back onto the pc harddrive??? coz with the albums that have been downloaded from varioud sites have gone straight onto my mp3 player, and i have deleted them off my pc.

there seems to be nothing in the book about it, but was just wondering if this mp3 player has that option???

cheers :)

but was just wondering if this mp3 player has that option???

Not sure about the MOS player in particular, but in general, mp3 devices don't include the option to do that digitally due to #$!@ing RIAA/DMCA copyright restrictions... Grr!!

By the way the_don101, we have a policy against members adding their questions to another member's thread- if you have further questions, please start your own thread and post them there.

Thanks.

I have a different problem ,I have installed the software and when i go to download music onto the device, after i have selected all the music i want to go on it, it wont let me click on download(this is to send it to the device), the icon to click on is not highlighted, like when something is incorrect. all the files are the right format to go onto the mp3 player but it wont let me click it. i have followed the installation correctly but it still does not work. please reply a solution or if not recommend some different software. the one i am currently using, which came with the mp3 player, is MusicMatch Jukebox.

I have looked all over the web and nobody has the same problem as me????

HI ! ! I am having Ministry of sound MOSMP028 20 Gb Jukebox, which i brought from comet. Unfortunately i've lost my Driver cd (Installation cd software). I'll be very thankful to you.

i have tried a lot to find it on intrnet but unsucessful...... so if u have got the software please help me...
i'll be very very thankful to you...

my email is me4u_b4u@yahoo.com

please help me.......
pratik dhawan

The member who started this thread has not responded in over a year, making this an abandoned thread. As such, it is now closed.

Other members who are having similar problems need to start their own threads and posts their questions in those threads, as indicated in our posting rules:

"Every question or new thought should have its own thread. Replies to a previous post should be thread replies to that particular thread. Do not piggyback threads by posting your question as a reply to another question."

If the member who originally started this thread wishes to have the thread reopened, please send me your request via email or Private Message.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.