i have corrupted my computer, and unfortunately i had to reinstall windows from a disc given to me by HP. afterwards, i tried to reinstall the programs, a bit fast, and then I noticed after boot the logon screen breaks up for a few seconds. And for some reason, i cant use the touch pad scroll up on the side, and my remote doesnt seem to work either. why???

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

i have corrupted my computer, and unfortunately i had to reinstall windows from a disc given to me by HP. afterwards, i tried to reinstall the programs, a bit fast, and then I noticed after boot the logon screen breaks up for a few seconds. And for some reason, i cant use the touch pad scroll up on the side, and my remote doesnt seem to work either. why???

Off the top of my head, you're missing drivers.
Check the "Device Manager"

Hi,
As you have just reinstalled Windows, it would be a good idea to Do a repair/install, go here to see how:-
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
If you are still having problems after the repair, then try reinstalling your other programs 1 at a time (Delete a program in "Add and remove program) then reinstall.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.