Hi guys,
is anyone familiar with Outlook?

I have a weird problem. Every email message has a header, and if that header is invalid the message has a 90% chance of not being delivered.

What is invalid is the Message-ID. In my case it looks like
<!&!AAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAALrdosIyftRMmCDyguLhuOjCgAAAEAAAAPR56FHedFtOqN4tqk3zXw4BAAAAAA==@sbcglobal.net>

and that is definitely not the way it should be.

Notice the !&! in front. Could that be a redirect to an unknown receiver?

Of course, the message-ID does not start out that way but is being modified along the send route. Does anybody know where that could happen?

Thank you.
Seabrok

I'm not sure if this is even relevant but I thought I'd at least bring it up. Where I work we do mass emailings to our clients. We have checked our emails with different email programs (Gmail, Yahoo, Comcast, AOL, etc) and Outlook 2007 is the one that gives us the most problems.

I don't know if the emails you are trying to receive are HTML but I know that if there is any CSS coding in the header of the message you are receiving, Outlook 2007 may not read it right & it'll screw the whole message up.

I've sent out test emails that were fine, opened them in Outlook 2003 and other email clients and they looked fine. Open them in Outlook 2007 and it glitches the whole message.

http://www.email-standards.org/ is a good site. They explain which email clients work best, and which need some debugging in terms of accessibility and compatibility.

Thank yo very much for your thoughts.
It is not the message. I have sent them through spam filters and they came back clean, score = 0.

I am sure that the message-ID is correct when at first constructed. But somehow, something corrupts it afterwards. Perhaps a Trojan Horse? Windows Defender and Trend Micro Internet Security cannot find it. This is really weird.

Somebody else have any ideas?
THanks.

I'm not sure if this is even relevant but I thought I'd at least bring it up. Where I work we do mass emailings to our clients. We have checked our emails with different email programs (Gmail, Yahoo, Comcast, AOL, etc) and Outlook 2007 is the one that gives us the most problems.

I don't know if the emails you are trying to receive are HTML but I know that if there is any CSS coding in the header of the message you are receiving, Outlook 2007 may not read it right & it'll screw the whole message up.

I've sent out test emails that were fine, opened them in Outlook 2003 and other email clients and they looked fine. Open them in Outlook 2007 and it glitches the whole message.

http://www.email-standards.org/ is a good site. They explain which email clients work best, and which need some debugging in terms of accessibility and compatibility.

I upgraded my laptop to a new Sony Vaio which came with Windows 7 Home Premium installed. I installed my official MS Office 2007 Ultimate and it seems that most everything works fine (after a couple of weeks testing), but there are 2 issues: (1) after the install, and several attempted repairs and reinstalls, I keep getting a message that suggests the install is having a problem with the Microsoft Bootstraper working with this version of windows, (2) outlook 2007 seems to work in all regards (connected to corp exch server), EXCEPT I cannot forward emails with attached voice mail in them (they are .wav files).

All other email with attachments forward fine, but if I try to forward the voicemail emails, I get a series of 3 error boxes. The first is headed "MICROSOFT FORMS" and says "Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine."

When I click OK, a new error box comes up headed "Just in time debugging" and suggests using a "New Instance of Microsoft Script Editor"

Finally, a 3rd error box headed "SCRIPT ERROR" comes up saying "Object required" 'GetPlayer (...)' Line No 561"

The wav file is in the email. It plays fine if I click it, but I cannot forward it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.