Hello my name is Daniel I just got windows 7 and I want to update my vista laptop but to do this I need to uninstall trend micro but I have forgotten the password and it won't let me do it without it. is there any way to remove trend without having to use password?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hello my name is Daniel I just got windows 7 and I want to update my vista laptop but to do this I need to uninstall trend micro but I have forgotten the password and it won't let me do it without it. is there any way to remove trend without having to use password?

Why do you need to uninstall TrendMicro to upgrade from Vista to Windows 7?

Why do you need to uninstall TrendMicro to upgrade from Vista to Windows 7?

well when I was upgrading to w7 it said trend micro had to be removed. when i put i the password in trend I put it so there couldn't be any changes to os so of course when w7 tried to change vista it got canceled and aborted upgrade. so I am trying to fond a way to remove trend and bypass password request. is there any to do this?

Do you still want Vista on your PC?

If not, just use the Win7 disc and do a clean install.
When the install process starts, choose "Custom Install" not the upgrade and format over the Vista installation.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.