hi everyone,i need help,since i bought my laptop(which has a built in dvd player)it always plays crap, voice is muffled and picture plays slow,i get no joy from makers i moved from uk to oz so cant send it back,it is an i-buddie a907 256mb 1 gig(533 mhz)40 gb i have tried everything to put this right,played it on win dvd,real player,windows media player 9 and 10 and i have windows xp pro on my laptop

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

hi everyone,i need help,since i bought my laptop(which has a built in dvd player)it always plays crap, voice is muffled and picture plays slow,i get no joy from makers i moved from uk to oz so cant send it back,it is an i-buddie a907 256mb 1 gig(533 mhz)40 gb i have tried everything to put this right,played it on win dvd,real player,windows media player 9 and 10 and i have windows xp pro on my laptop

You have a low end laptop doing a low end job of playing dvd .first ! you need more ram and a bigger CPU to get good video from you dvds' in the below discription from a web page found by googling you laptop it says it all good for basic school and simple office and surfing the net ,playing dvd is not basic and the laptop should not have have a dvd player in it,with the cpu and ram it has .

Short Description
ECS has designed i-Buddie A907 especially to meet the needs of students and others requiring a compact computer for simple office applications and for surfing the Internet. It like other DeskNote models in appearance and size, being compact and lightweigh

You have a low end laptop doing a low end job of playing dvd .first ! you need more ram and a bigger CPU to get good video from you dvds' in the below discription from a web page found by googling you laptop it says it all good for basic school and simple office and surfing the net ,playing dvd is not basic and the laptop should not have have a dvd player in it,with the cpu and ram it has .

Short Description
ECS has designed i-Buddie A907 especially to meet the needs of students and others requiring a compact computer for simple office applications and for surfing the Internet. It like other DeskNote models in appearance and size, being compact and lightweigh

cheers caperjack,like you said there shouldnt be one on it if the hardware is crap for it and i told them when i was buying it the main reason was to let the kids watch a dvd in back of car when travelling on long journeys and to back up my dvd with a burner,i have just bought a external dvd burner pioneer 109,so what you are saying is even if i played it through that it will still display the dvd just the same ie crap,if so would it be cheaper selling this one and buying a better one or can i easily put a new pentium 4 or something and take the ram to 512,would that be enough to play a dvd just like it would play on a tv and dvd player,cheers.sorry to hassel you but i am new at this game

my opinion would be to sell it and buy a new p4 that will do the job for you .good luck

Hi there,

I am not a techy or anything like that, but as far as i can say 256Mb with 40Gb should be enough to play a dvd.

I now have a ibm t40, but used to have a samsung laptop with similair spec too yours and it played dvd's fine.

Have you tried using different dvd player software, 'Power dvd 5' from cyber link is what i used and that worked my samsung fine.....'Power dvd' also a a diagnostic setup when you install it so it will analise your computer and run tests for the best performance possible prior to the instalation completion.....i am sure if you search the appropriate website you will get your hands on it.....you may also want to adjust your screen settings etc.....or even try updating your graphics drivers from the laptop company.

I would also try plugging your lappy into the tv (if you have the connections) to see if it will play through a tv....atleast that way you will know if it is the actual laptop that is having problems or the display screen.......anything has to be worth a try. :lol:

just seems in a 'non techy view' that if you can buy at 60 quid dvd player for a car with built in screen etc......that a laptop should work fine.

As i say, i am only going on my passed experience with my old samsung, but i would look for other options before buying a new lap top.

Cheers. :cheesy:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.