Recently when loading my home page it is replaced by this 'find 4 you'
screen. It also lists five new titles in the favorites. Is there a way to get rid of this nuisance. I have ad aware and anti virus. Sorry I am not a very experienced user. I posted this a few minutes ago but did not see it listed . sorry if it is listed twice.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Adaware should get rid of this spyware. CWShredder is a bit better - maybe someone can post a link to it.

peace

Adaware should get rid of this spyware. CWShredder is a bit better - maybe someone can post a link to it.

peace

http://www.webattack.com/get/adaware.html
AdAware is a privacy tool, that scans your memory, registry, hard, removable and optical drives for known data-mining, aggressive advertising, and tracking components. It then lists the results and offers to remove or quarantine the components. The program detects a wide range of adware/spyware related issues and can be updated with the latest signatures via the built-in update utility. Please be advised that removing certain components may impact the functionality of effected software applications. You should fully read the included Ad-aware documentation before removing any files!

http://www.webattack.com/get/spybot.html

SpyBot-S&D is an adware and spyware detection and removal tool. This includes removal of certain advertising components, that may gather statistics as well as detection of various keylogging and other spy utilities. In addition, it also securely removes PC and Internet usage tracks, including browser history, temporary pages, cookies (with option to keep selected) and more. The program offers an attractive outlook-style interface that is easy to use and multi-lingual. SpyBot-S&D allows you to exclude selected cookies, programs or extensions from being reported, allowing you to prevent false positive messages for items that you dont want to be alerted of every time. It can even scan your download directory for files that have been downloaded, but not yet installed, allowing you to detect unwanted programs before you even install them. SpyBot produces a detailed and easy to understand report before it deletes any files and allows you to deselect any item that you do not want to be processed. In addition, a recovery feature allows you to restore your settings if needed. Very nice tool, that exceeds the capabilities of the popular Ad-Aware application.

Update before use and use them both
Rate the post if it helped

You do have to be careful with cwshredder ,it can disable things like internet connections and printer drivers ect ect

When I go to talk forums and there is a picture to look at, I cannot open the picture because adaware is taking it as a pop up ad. The pictures are listed in the adaware setup as being blocked ads. How do I correct this? I can go to forums, open the discussion but not pictures or links.

My Opinion .stop using the adaware popup stopper and get the goole tool bar ,with popup blocker .Workes great ,I have been using it for months now .

http://toolbar.google.de/

When I go to talk forums and there is a picture to look at, I cannot open the picture because adaware is taking it as a pop up ad. The pictures are listed in the adaware setup as being blocked ads. How do I correct this? I can go to forums, open the discussion but not pictures or links.

:mrgreen: - I actually forgot about popups till you said this. Im using the Beonex broswer and KMeleon, neither of which have allowed a popup since Ive used them.

no cookies I dont want or activeX scripts I dont want, and I can make my own button/icon sets and write my own macros and behaviors.

I guess I forgot about the popups.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.