hi
i have a problem with my window media player
everytime i try and play a movie on my media player the sounds appear to working fine but their is no video or image
i dont know why

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

do i just download the codec or the package ?

do i just download the codec or the package ?

just try the codex first , or even better try a different player that plays everything you throw at it .
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Personally, I just use Videolan. I think it's called VLC player. Plays almost any video format

It does help (for future reference) if you mention your OS version, but anyhow. Definitely sounds like a codec issue - would be helpful if you listed some details as to the format of the movie you are trying to play... as the DivX codec does not account for everything.

i have window vista os and am trying to play avi file but when i play then on different players such as quicktime the files works fine but when i try and play them on window media player it doesnt seem to work

i have window vista os and am trying to play avi file but when i play then on different players such as quicktime the files works fine but when i try and play them on window media player it doesnt seem to work

update wmp if you don't already have the latest version ,or install the divix codex in link above

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.