Hi there all. I need some help with my PC... what happend is i started up my PC arter work 1 day it started up fin every thing kicked in like it shode do then it got to the next bit of loading where it has

Verifying DMI Pool Data................
Boot From CD :

It has that at the bottom of it it has a load of number befor it then it try to go onto the next bit and it dont the screen go black and it come up with GONE TO SLEEP on the screen then the PC restarts and dose it over and over again... can any 1 help with this problum and tell me what to do and the PC has 2 HDD and 1 CD/DVD player if any of them thing are the problum.

thank you Kevan

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Do you have a bootable CD in one of the drives? If so, take it out and try it again.

Barring that, a good starting point would be to go in to the BIOS and make sure that your boot devices include the appropriate HDD (i.e. the one with your OS on it). If it's already in there, try moving it to the first device so it tries to boot from it first.

I do not understand, you get a message "Gone to sleep"?
After the message "Boot from CD" do you do anything, or just let it boot?
What are the numbers at the bottom of this?
Can you start in safe mode by tapping F8 as it starts to boot?

hi there what it was is that some of my HDD is missing and i need to my reboot CD in to us repear but 1 thing is i can not find the CD so i need a XP CD to do this dose any 1 kno where i can get 1? and i hope that will fix my problum

thank you kevan

s dose any 1 kno where i can get 1? and i hope that will fix my problum

thank you kevan

from a friend ,
your English teacher maybe

caperjack!!! That is not like you. It is merited but not like you to say that sort of thing. Have you been missing out lately (Not getting any)? lol

nbkbac, I have my CD here you can borrow, or you can ask a friend with the same OS as you have on your machine. Make sure that you use your product key when you install it. You will then have to re-register it with Microsoft.
Read the article here....
http://pcremix.com/how-to-repair-windows-xp-without-formatting-your-pc/
Before you decide to reinstall.

caperjack!!! That is not like you. It is merited but not like you to say that sort of thing. Have you been missing out lately (Not getting any)? lol

I know,I know i don't need to be here but!,but im addicted, sorry to poster but all this bad english / and shorthand is driving me nuts. if your first language is not english then use a translator ,just google for one ,makes it so much easier to understand ,thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.