Since installing Windows 7 Home Premium, there are a number of unknown items which have appeared in my Windows Media player. When I try to delete them I get a message saying that I need permission from TrustedInstaller to do this. How do I access this programme to get rid of these items?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

unknown items which have appeared in my Windows Media player

i have a problem understanding this ,a wmp is only a player ,how can it actually have anything in it !they must be some where else on the computer ,please explain the unknown items

unknown items which have appeared in my Windows Media player

i have a problem understanding this ,a wmp is only a player ,how can it actually have anything in it !they must be some where else on the computer ,please explain the unknown items

They are single items of only around 23 - 39kb which say under 'type' as MID and named as flourish, onestop and town.

They are single items of only around 23 - 39kb which say under 'type' as MID and named as flourish, onestop and town.

ok so they are small midi fle ,likely used by other programs on the computer , wmp may have scaned computter for all file types ,do a start /search for one and see where it loated.

edit ,just searhed my winxp for Floorish and it has it and it in c:/windows/media,so im guessing its used by windows sounds schemes

Tried search but nothing comes up. They are obviously harmless and very small but I just wondered why they were there.
Thanks anyway!

Tried search but nothing comes up. They are obviously harmless and very small but I just wondered why they were there.
Thanks anyway!

if you open mycomputer and go to C:\Windows\Media you will see them all ,they are windows file like i said before ,for windows sound schemes , they were likely there because you told wmp to search your harddrive for music files ,thats the only way they would have gotten there .

Now I've got it caperjack, they are a list of all the sounds associated with the actions on the computer - welcome, beep etc.
Thanks a lot.

Now I've got it caperjack, they are a list of all the sounds associated with the actions on the computer - welcome, beep etc.
Thanks a lot.

your welcome
more commonly know as sound schemes

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.