There is one thing, I haven't been able to do is adjust how loud I want the audio in Windows7. It appears that it only goes to a specific volume and it can't be adjusted higher.

I'd also like to add that if you live in a complex where loud sound levels may disturb others. You should always keep it so that you can hear it and not those who live around you, just common courtesy :)

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

It could have been done in XP but certainly not in this, guess you would have to have some sort of drivers from the manufactures site that will allow the volume to go higher

I did numerous searching and it appears that Windows7 does have a fixed volume setting that can't be changed. Unless in the future they fix this until then, oh well.

Do you have a volume icon in the system tray? Have you adjusted the master volume in Control Panel/Sound?
This is a media OS, and there's no way MS would try to prevent you from blasting away.

I did numerous searching and it appears that Windows7 does have a fixed volume setting that can't be changed. Unless in the future they fix this until then, oh well.

Thanks, but I already knew that :)

i have win7 and a soundblaster audigy sound card and can turn it up to 100% and blow the speakers if i wish ,i think its a sound driver issue at best ,

In other words, Motherboard Audio you can't adjust any higher. I don't need it higher so that I disturb those who live around me, (unlike some idiots who do this and you have to tell them to turn it down because they think they live on a island onto them-self, and not a multi-unit complex)

I just want it for my headphones :)

Control Panel/Sound

I just want it for my headphones :)

you worry about those around you but not damaging your hearing ,full volume in the head hones will deafen you,
kind of ranks right up there with people who smoke standing out side there new car ,no smoke getting in the new car, but put it in there lungs !

I won't be turning the volume, extremely high, just slightly higher. I understand the ramifications of having the volume extremely high.
Regardless I've figured out what the problem is, I have to install the audio drivers for the device. Just one driver, so far had to install with Windows7, which I enjoy :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.