Does anyone have any recommendations for Bitlocker alternatives, preferably freeware\opensource ? Also I should note I have found out that you can hack Bitlocker, sad but true. I'd like to find something that up to present day cannot be hacked into.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I should note I have found out that you can hack Bitlocker

You can hack anything given enough time and/or power. And if you are referring to cold-boot attacks, then thats a flaw of nearly all whole-disk-encryption software. Moral of the story: Physically secure all hardware.

But anyway, here is a list of alternatives:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_disk_encryption_software

You can hack anything given enough time and/or power. And if you are referring to cold-boot attacks, then thats a flaw of nearly all whole-disk-encryption software. Moral of the story: Physically secure all hardware.

True, thank you for the link :)

True, thank you for the link :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.