I have a new SL510 Thinkpad (Windows 7) with 4GB RAM 2.2 GHz Dual Core & it refuses to start up the "Images" DVD after I put the DVD into the Multiburner Drive.
The DVD Drive installed the first disk of the program:
"Printshop ProPublisher".
It just refuses to install the 2nd companion disk called "Images".
I remember having the same problem with other software on my xp thinkpad,but I've forgotten how I remedied the situation.
I believe it was an entry into the "Run" command.
I installed "Run" on my SL510 ThinkPad (Windows 7) & got nowhere when I typed D:/ then the auto run program from the software DVD.
I tried the same on the xp thinkpad & had the same problem.
The software was made for xp or vista.
On my SL510,I put the laptop into xp mode & set the program compatibility from the program properties of the software to xp.
Any ideas out there?.....

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Go here and read about it....
http://askville.amazon.com/Print-Shop-Pro-Publisher-22-Deluxe-[DVD]-work-windows-vista/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=6763980

I went to that URL & the patch was for ProPublisher22,but mine is
ProPublisher 23. At that site I searched my software & found:
"Auto Installer does not begin."
I tried the remedy: start,run,type "D:\setup.exe
and it did not work.
I next substituted "autodisable.exe" for setup.exe because that is the file used to run the program,but the DVD still refused to load.
The site you gave also says that ProPublisher 23 is Windows7 compatible.
I'm at my wits end because Broderbund only has an 800 phone numberwhich cannot be dialed to from my location,here in Vancouver,Canada.
Any more ideas?

Hi,
If you need to use the phone to contact them, try Skype, of Yahoo messenger. You have to pay, but the amount is small.
As you said, it is compatible, try uninstalling and reinstalling, Go here...
http://www.ccleaner.com/
Download and run Ccleaner....
Good luck.........

Hi,
If you need to use the phone to contact them, try Skype, of Yahoo messenger. You have to pay, but the amount is small.
As you said, it is compatible, try uninstalling and reinstalling, Go here...
http://www.ccleaner.com/
Download and run Ccleaner....
Good luck.........

Hi Bob,
I found a link to send a message to Broderbund support.
After sending them all the details I received a message saying support
would get back to me within 48 hrs.-I hope they have a good answer.
By the way,I use CCleaner every time I use my laptop.I also use
Glary Utilities,which I think is a great helper.
I'll update Broderbund's response here.
I wonder if there is anyone else in our community with ideas on this
matter?

ling time since i use paint shop of any version , did you try installing images through the program itself ,not sure where but do remember something like that ,actually as i type i start to remember my old version had 5 or 6 disk and asked for disk #xx when i clicked on different images .
also found this in regards to your version !
During installation you must explicitly tell the installer to install the Art Content. Had the same problem. Reinstall 1st CD and then choose modify and then choose all Art content.

ling time since i use paint shop of any version , did you try installing images through the program itself ,not sure where but do remember something like that ,actually as i type i start to remember my old version had 5 or 6 disk and asked for disk #xx when i clicked on different images .
also found this in regards to your version !
During installation you must explicitly tell the installer to install the Art Content. Had the same problem. Reinstall 1st CD and then choose modify and then choose all Art content.

Hi,
It is not paint shop-it is printshop propublisher23
There is no option to install "Images" from the 1st disk,which actually installs the complete program.
Thanks for the idea.It's too bad it doesn't work for me.
Life is a pain sometimes. Ouch! a big pain in the a**

Hi,
There is no option to install "Images" from the 1st disk,which actually installs the complete program.

lol,sorry about that,time for new goggles!

Hi,

Broderbund's partner sent me the latest DVD of Printshop Pro 2.0
for free,which is made also for Windows 7 64 bit OS's.
The only problem was is that it took two 45 min. long distance phone calls to get the result.Broderbund Customer Service does NOT have an
800 toll free number.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.