This is the first time it has happened. I opened my calendar in Outlook 2003 and a mass of entries are missing.

The operating system I use is Windows XP Professional version 2002 service pack 3. The anti virus I use is ‘Avast!’ which seems to update daily. Outlook has been failing and saying it has to close several times but I am assuming that is not connected to my present problem.

It was the end of the day and I synchronised Outlook with my Nokia 6300 (which is a regular event) and now I have discovered this problem I am aware that the details of the last sync did show a high level of amendments.

I am now looking for those with greater knowledge than me to give me clues as to why it happened, how to fix it and (if possible) how to get the information back again. I will, of course, supply any further information necessary.

I do have a continuous file back up on an external Buffalo hard drive using Memeo software.

Are you using Memeo AutoBackup to backup your .pst files? Memeo AutoBackup should not affect your synchronization of your calendar to your. Also, I suggest contacting your phone provider for assistance or for more information on syncing your calendar to your phone.

This is the first time it has happened. I opened my calendar in Outlook 2003 and a mass of entries are missing.

The operating system I use is Windows XP Professional version 2002 service pack 3. The anti virus I use is ‘Avast!’ which seems to update daily. Outlook has been failing and saying it has to close several times but I am assuming that is not connected to my present problem.

It was the end of the day and I synchronised Outlook with my Nokia 6300 (which is a regular event) and now I have discovered this problem I am aware that the details of the last sync did show a high level of amendments.

I am now looking for those with greater knowledge than me to give me clues as to why it happened, how to fix it and (if possible) how to get the information back again. I will, of course, supply any further information necessary.

I do have a continuous file back up on an external Buffalo hard drive using Memeo software.

I don't know if this will solve your problem entirely, but it could help in some way. I use a search plugin for Outlook called Lookeen. I'm using it for quite a while now and it always found what I needed. So I suggest you could try this tool to find out if your entries are still there and for some reason Outlook is unwilling to show or the instant search is unwilling to find the itmes :) I recall there is a free trial so it's worth a try. Again, just a suggestion to a way of solving your problem...

Good luck! Albert.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.