Hello, all.

I have a new computer running Windows 64-bit Vista. I would like a good registry cleaner, one that would also be able to run with Windows 7, should I use my free upgrade to W7.

BTW, SHOULD I use my free upgrade to W7??

Thanks for your input!!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Take my advice and stay away from Registry cleaners. They are an absolute waste of time and can end up turning your pc into a paper weight.

I have tried this Windows regitry optimizer for 2 monthes, and it workes smoothly on my computer, as it said, it supported Windows 7 system, you can try it.

you can use google, or other search engine for find out this kind of software.

yes, i agree with abu, if you search for registry optimizer, there must be many answers.

Take my advice and stay away from Registry cleaners. They are an absolute waste of time and can end up turning your pc into a paper weight.

I don't agree with that, i am using it in windows xp professional and computer works very well for a long time, maybe your advice is good only for windows vista.

Disagree all you want. It's a fact that Registry cleaners kill Operating Systems.

Disagree all you want. It's a fact that Registry cleaners kill Operating Systems.

Im with Crunchie on this this one,fugged a few in my early days

Hello, all.

BTW, SHOULD I use my free upgrade to W7??

Thanks for your input!!

YES YOU SHOULD.
it is much more stable.
it has 1/2 the footprint of vista.
that means it runs twice as fast.
it was built after the mistake of vista, and with all the RTM versions was thoroughly tested before it was released.
it's free (for you)

but you know vista...
back up first.

do this and you won't NEED a reg cleaner to speed up you PC.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.