I can't access my own website even though other people on other computers have no problems. This has happened to me several times in the past and I have never figured out what causes it or fixes it.

I have cleared my cache and turned off my McAfee firewall, but still nothing works. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

-Matt

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Is the webpage hosted on a server on your LAN?

Is the webpage hosted on a server on your LAN?

No

Well, that's really confusing. The only reasons I can think of why you wouldn't be able to access it would be network issues. Are you checking to make sure that other people can access the site during the time you can't? It could be a matter of downtime and you just only notice it when it happens to you.

Well, that's really confusing. The only reasons I can think of why you wouldn't be able to access it would be network issues. Are you checking to make sure that other people can access the site during the time you can't? It could be a matter of downtime and you just only notice it when it happens to you.

We try at the exact same time. They have no problems, I get "unable to connect"

Ok well I changed connections and was able to access the site from my computer. So how do I allow the site to be accessed on my main connection?

has any 1 quick solution to this problem below.

I can't access my own website even though other people on other computers have no problems. This has happened to me several times in the past and I have never figured out what causes it or fixes it.

I have cleared my cache and turned off my McAfee firewall, but still nothing works. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

jim

I can't access my own website even though other people on other computers have no problems.

i can't access my own website even though other people on other computers have no problems. This has happened to me several times in the past and i have never figured out what causes it or fixes it.

I have cleared my cache and turned off my mcafee firewall, but still nothing works. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

-matt

have you found out to do it??

Regards
jim

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.