Hi Everyone:
I am using dual monitors in Win XP Pro. I am using the ATI AIW 9600 128 with two Samsung 193v LCD's. How do I configure the set up to show my XP taskbar across both screens? Any help would be appreicated.
Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

i dont think that it does it by default to be honest with you....

and without my second monitor adaptor i cant see howto >.<

any reason you want it there?

you should be able to do it by setting the bottom of the screens to the same level. If that doesn't work try getting the ATI hydravision app, it has lots of features for dual monitors that aren't included in winxp.

Hi Everyone:
I am using dual monitors in Win XP Pro. I am using the ATI AIW 9600 128 with two Samsung 193v LCD's. How do I configure the set up to show my XP taskbar across both screens? Any help would be appreicated.
Thanks.

I am not sure if ATI can do it. However, on my NVIDIA it was just an option that I had to set on the driver software. In addition, do you have the latest catalyst drivers?

I've got an ATI 7500 64MB dual head. I'm not sure that you can do it, unless Hydravision has some features, I don't think that you can do it with an ATI card.

Hi Everyone:
Thanks.

Hi
I dont know any way to set it up through windows but there is software available to download freely to mirror you're task bar and also extend it, I am using Ultramon http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/download.asp. Only problem with it is that it does not mirror the start button or clock, only the taskbar. Im looking for something that will fully copy it so will post when i find it. Hope this helps

Member Avatar for fatihpiristine

it is related with graphic cards or their softwares..

microsoft windows has no support to extend your taskbar on two or more screen.

your main options are "ultramon" and "multimon" multimon is free.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.