I have windows xp with to version of messenger, the first one is windows version 4.7 4.7 2009 and the other is msn messenger version 6.1 0207, can you tell me the difference beteen them and how to use them.
Thank -you
Peter.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I don't think there is much difference in there purpose!msn messenger is latest version i think,if you have a hotmail account you can set up messenger to use the same username and password .it is used to chat with friends and family or who ever .if you know someone who uses it you get there username and out it in your contact list ,so you know when they are online ,and you can send them instent messages ..i haven't use it for a few years and never used it that much ,but my daugher uses it all the time to chat with her friends .It has lots of features check msn site for more info
http://messenger.msn.com/

I have windows xp with to version of messenger, the first one is windows version 4.7 4.7 2009 and the other is msn messenger version 6.1 0207, can you tell me the difference between them and how to use them.

4.7 is the old version. It no longer works (due to new authentication protocols), but I have not found a way to uninstall it. 6.1 is the most recent version and works fine.

I use GAIM; it's mult-protocol (Yahoo, IRC and AIM too -- and more), has no advertising windows, and it's free.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.