Hi all,
Does anyone have tipps about how to go about this problem?
I have a window server 2003 with an active directory,i joined my two other Pcs without any problem to a domain.
How I created the home directory:
Having created a user in the active directory and a created a folder on my c: drive on my server.I shared the folder and I gave the user a full control over the folder.Then I went to profile of the user at the active directory pane. I chosed connect, D:drive, and \\sony\folder name\username and OK
The problem stated "Server can not find the user's path"

Additional info:
aa.bb.cc.hom-----domain
sony.aa.bb.cc.hom----full computer name
my server was given a static IP and the two other PCs were also on static IP.
It would be great if someone could have an idea or experiece about this problem.
Thanks in advance
Talktoade.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hi if you go to command prompt and execute "net view" command without quotes.. can you see the three computers?

Hi,
Thanks very much for your mail and time. I will try and give you the feedback.

Hi all,
Does anyone have tipps about how to go about this problem?
I have a window server 2003 with an active directory,i joined my two other Pcs without any problem to a domain.
How I created the home directory:
Having created a user in the active directory and a created a folder on my c: drive on my server.I shared the folder and I gave the user a full control over the folder.Then I went to profile of the user at the active directory pane. I chosed connect, D:drive, and \\sony\folder name\username and OK
The problem stated "Server can not find the user's path"

Additional info:
aa.bb.cc.hom-----domain
sony.aa.bb.cc.hom----full computer name
my server was given a static IP and the two other PCs were also on static IP.
It would be great if someone could have an idea or experiece about this problem.
Thanks in advance
Talktoade.

Hi,
Is sony the name of your server or you client?

Lewis

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.