Hello my friends,
I would like your advice please.
I have just recovered from being stung by a horrible nasty virus called Install_Patch.exe Trojan Downloader win32.bagle.bxn, I was advised by my previous AV provider to have the drive formatted which is what I have had done by a friend and he seems to have reinstalled all the major programs without any problem, I still get the Windows XP updates and support for MS Office which I did not think I would get if the hard drive was reformatted, I have installed Kaspersky as my new AV, do I need a second AV or one will be enough but I would like to install a Registry cleaner to go with it, what would you recommend?
Thank you in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi,
You should never use 2 antivirus detectors or firewalls as they will interfere with each other.
There is a lot of debate as to the value of registry cleaners but in general, they can not hurt, Ccleaner is a good program. Ensure that you backup your registry first.
Malwarebytes would be good to have as well on your machine.

One AV, CC Cleaner and Advance System Care should be more than sufficient.

i delete some software about the audio system in my PC, no it cannot find any audio card or audio card driver. where i can find and download it from the internet, thanks.

Hi,
You should never use 2 antivirus detectors or firewalls as they will interfere with each other.
There is a lot of debate as to the value of registry cleaners but in general, they can not hurt, Ccleaner is a good program. Ensure that you backup your registry first.
Malwarebytes would be good to have as well on your machine.

Hi Bob,
Thank you for the advice. I will try those two that you have mentioned, yes I agree with you I have read about Malwarebytes on here and it seems to be a good program, I don't want to be stung again. As for Ccleaner, this is also a good registry cleaner and will clean up a lot of other things as well like the internet temporary files, history browser and lots of other things, you are right about the backup of the registry, I think it is essential that I do that. I used to have RegistrySmart which also did a good job without making any adjustments to the program, it just scanned the registry and that was it, nothing else but when I got the last update for it my AV detected that it had a virus on it so in order to use it I had to disable the AV first.
Thank you once again,
Primero

Greeting,
I could not installed any software in my laptop including yahoo messenger, microsoft office etc. It is always showing error message. Please advise what is the cause.

Thanks,
Marvin

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.