Member Avatar for first2xl

Hi there

I have read previous threads to try to resolve this problem but the Task Manager is still reporting 100% CPU usage. I am a photographer running a quad core Intel-based machine with 4 Gb RAM and two 512 Mb graphics cards. One of the cards have failed and now removed. PC worked fine for a long time after that so I cannot conclude that to be the problem. In any case, I believe that a 512 Mb graphics card is more than adequate for the Photoshop software I use. I also have a 1.5 Tb main drive and use four external hard drives of 512 Mb - 1 Tb each. I use Vista which is a struggle in any case. I am hoping to transfer my cached images to another PC using Windows 7 but I have half completed work which will be lost if I do this.

I have the latest edition of Norton Security and have run a full scan without any problems. I have also used other utilities such as Malwarebyte and Hijack this without any joy. I have also tried PC Booster to try to remove any might be causing problems.

My work is suffering as a result of all these problems. Even typing this has called Firefox to hang five times. It has taken me about ten minutes to type this.

The Task Manager is reporting 80 processes with the highest being Firefox (5), ccSvHst.exe, taskmgr, dwm,exe, etc reporting approximately 2.

I am not an expert and cannot identify any solution to this problem. Any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hi,

It's not a virus, It's an "Un-Liked" Update. The new kind of virus running now make your programs update their self with hacked updates, in this way, the hacked updates are counted SECURE to your PC as they have the ID of the Program being updated wich is secure ..

Let me explain :
When they update their self like this, the update make your program use 100% of CPU even if it don't do anything. This way, they make you uninstall your program and seek for another programs, like deleting Firefox and go for Opera .. ;)

Here is a tool that may help you :
http://download.chip.eu/en/CPU-Controller-1.6.1_24843.html

Thanks for the reply. The link points to a resource to better manage cpu resources but not how to resolve this problem (unless I missed it). Based on what you are saying (problems with updates) would a system restore work?

Thanks for the reply. The link points to a resource to better manage cpu resources but not how to resolve this problem (unless I missed it). Based on what you are saying (problems with updates) would a system restore work?

Yes it would work, but do you know when exactly those updates started working on your computer ? Also, I give you that link to see which applications has been exactly infected by a CPU enlarger.

Thanks, I am applying a system restore. Very strange, but it is only showing checkpoints going back to 17/12/09. Anyway, that is the date I am restoring to.

I will also try your link once system restore is complete. How will I recognise which program has been affected?

Thank you

Simply by verifying which request more that 8 connexions per time to Internet (Update Mass Hacked require 8 connexions per time)

Hi there

System Restore failed to restore. I have installed the software form your link (see attached file). The buttons are greyed out. Mean anything to you?

try anvir task manager pro. (the trial version is fully functional)
and disable everything that starts up. then reboot. then enable the ones you want, one at a time.

it is going to take some time to start up because of our CPU useage.

what you could do to start is find out which programs are slowing you down...
press
alt-ctrl-del
all together
-you want task manager.
go to the processes tab.
click on the word CPU in the coloumn headers. 1x so the smallest process first, 2x makes the biggest process first.

that will tell you a bit about what is eating you.
you can end them in that window, highlight the program and end process. you will get a warning with each one. each one you remove speeds up your pc but is shutting something down, shut down the wrong one and your PC reboots, but no harm comes of this. it is safe to do. anvir does the same thing, but is more powerful.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.