I am formatting my ibm desk top pentium 4 and when the first phace completes and it restarts the machine starts from the hard disk and tells me to press any to start from disc and when i press it starts the formatting again what can i do

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I am formatting my ibm desk top pentium 4 and when the first phace completes and it restarts the machine starts from the hard disk and tells me to press any to start from disc and when i press it starts the formatting again what can i do

dont hit to boot from cd the second time let it go to next step

Just leave it and it will go into hard disk because you have change the BIOS to boot from CD it will do just that reading your CD so the best is leave it after your hard disk had been formated and the file been copy. You will see installation started.

I am formatting my IBM desk top Pentium 4 and when the first phase completes and it restarts the machine starts from the hard disk and tells me to press any to start from disc and when i press it starts the formatting again what can i do
that was what happen i got 2 replies that i tried but did not work so any body know what i can do to continue the formatting

I have seen this many times, You need to first try different media. If it still does it ,try different cd drive. If it still does it you have a bad hard drive most likely. If it does it with a new hard drive, switch channels if IDE or make sure it is turned on in CMOS if SATA and option is available.

so any body know what i can do to continue the formatting

ok you say after the first phase it reboots ,so the first phase is ,to delete partition ,create a new partition then format the drive ,so formatting is complete, it should start loading windows and after loading for awhile it should restart ,if need be you can remove the disk so it doesn't boot to it again ,and after it reboots it should as for the cd if it need it to load more files

dont hit to boot from cd the second time let it go to next step

Just leave it and it will go into hard disk

I am formatting my IBM desk top Pentium 4 and when the first phase completes and it restarts the machine starts from the hard disk and tells me to press any to start from disc and when i press it starts the formatting again what can i do that was what happen i got 2 replies that i tried but did not work so any COLOR="red"]that i tried but did not work so any body know what i can do to continue the formatting

Please tell me how you followed the two instructions that said "don't press" and yet you pressed? What the other two posts should have said is "Don't press" but instead they told you "Don't press" so naturally you pressed! That makes perfectly sense to me as well. Therefore here is some good advice, when your computer starts again and it has a message on it "press any key" this time try not pressing any thing, do nothing, do not press a button, do not press a key, don't touch your computer until it loads after the reboot. Note, I did not say "Don't press" like the other two posts so you don't have to press this time, I said "Don't press any button or key"
I hope this clears up any misunderstanding.
PS. Don't press OK?

when i dont press anything it goes to the harddisk and tells me there is a problem and tells me to press alt ctrl delete to restart

when i dont press anything it goes to the harddisk and tells me there is a problem and tells me to press alt ctrl delete to restart

because you are not correctly using the winxp disk to format and reinstall windows .
maybe this will help, good luck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSJTgvet9QY

what is the error message you get and does this motherboard have built in raid?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.