I've got a network of three pcs running, two pcs run just fine, internet and browsers. They are running on verizon dsl. The main pc had a bunch of spyware which I removed via spybot. I did this because I could get the main pc to connect to the net (things like aol or messangers), but I cannot use any web browsers (IE or even shitty aol's browser). It gives me the action canceled page. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

try ,browser/tools /internet options and reset all the defaults in security/privacy/advanced ,also give
this browser a try.
http://www.mozilla.org/

Thanks for the response and assistance but neither of these options are working for me. =( Could there be another solution?

Thanks

It either tells me the page cannot be displayed or action canceled. I know it is not my connection, I can connect just fine.

Thanks for the response and assistance but neither of these options are working for me. =( Could there be another solution?

Thanks

It either tells me the page cannot be displayed or action canceled. I know it is not my connection, I can connect just fine.

I've been having the same problem, but more sporadically. My cable modem connection is solid, and works for most sites (like this one). But when it comes to other sites I get the "action cancelled" or "cannot be displayed" message.

If I go to www.cnet.com, it'll load, but will sporadically display red x's instead of the intended graphics.

Can you "ping" anything?

im guessing he has a firewall that is blocking port 80. OR he messed up a setting with his AV

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.