Hi,

I have successfully downloaded the Service Pack for Office 2003, but the update will not install as I get the following error message:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resourse that is unavialble. Click okay to try again or enter and alternate path to a folder containing the installation package PRO11.MSI in the box below."

It then says ...use source C:/install/Applications/Office2003 - which it says cannot be found

Can anyone help please?

Thanks,

Jged :(

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

Hi,

I have just started to get the same problem, any help appreciated thanks

me also is there anybody can help us....

Me too I get the same message can anyone help?

Member Avatar for iamthwee

PRO11.MSI

Do a search. Go to:

start> click search > all files and folders > type in PRO11.MSI > click search.

On the right hand side you will find the directory where that .msi file is.

That's where you need to navigate the installer to.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Unless this file is only applicable for network usage? I'm just guessing here.

I tried that and there were no results found

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

Do all of you Windows Installer 3.1....if not get it....it sounds different but maybe this could be the cause.

from where can i download pro11.msi??

Here is how to do it. Run windows update (the web version) and click where it says "Change to Microsoft Update Today!" - Microsoft update has updates for all MS products, office, visual studio, sql server etc....

I got the office 2003 SP from there

rom where can i download pro11.msi??

did you install office 2003 from a CD?, did you get it preinstalled on your PC?, do you have the install CD?, what opearting system are you using? ( Windows 2000, ME, XP) you cannot download the Pro11.MSI that's the installation package for office 2003. you would need to have the cd used to install office 2003

were is the file (pro11.msi) help

Can some one help us tell us the answer to this question please.

You have not this file because (unfortunately) your windows or/and microsoft office 2003 professional (I supposed :D :D) is not legal one... so (in most *broken* versions) you are not able to do that kind of updates...

the file just does not exist in your hard drive :/

what happens if u deleted file pro11.msi like i did

Specially why asking for this PRO11.MSI file??
And what is need of that file??
How to install this file in the system??

Specially why asking for this PRO11.MSI file??
And what is need of that file??
How to install this file in the system??

The reasons can be various, but most probably you are trying to update your office and this is simply not possible, because you have installed cracked version...

Otherwise if you have the real installation CD, most probably the file was corrupted and the easiest solution is to reinstall your office packet (:

check your cd of ms theres a file of pro11.msi

Hi,

I have successfully downloaded the Service Pack for Office 2003, but the update will not install as I get the following error message:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resourse that is unavialble. Click okay to try again or enter and alternate path to a folder containing the installation package PRO11.MSI in the box below."

It then says ...use source C:/install/Applications/Office2003 - which it says cannot be found

Can anyone help please?

Thanks,

Jged :(

on your ms office cd theres a file of pro.msi

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.