Hey, i was wondering why i couldnt host games on Counter Strike? Alot of other people can and i cant, even if my firewall is completely exited. On another game called JediKnight i try to connect directly to someones IP and it doesnt work but everyone else can join it.

Can anyone help?!?!

-LuKe

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Jedi Knight goes straight through a software or router based firewall, I've played every game in the series online and it never failed to work. But it does sound like you aren't getting out. Are you on a router or other hardware firewall?

Im not on a router or a hardware firewall.. I only got a software firewall (Trend Micro Internet Security)

With my ADSL i can go to the config page and change some internet stuff on there but i just dont know what to change.

> With my ADSL i can go to the config page and change some internet stuff on
> there but i just dont know what to change.
Look through the options for some mention of DMZ. Let me know and I'll walk you through what to do about it and give you sufficient warnings. :D

Hey, i have tried all the DMZ stuff and there is nothing about DMZ or port forwarding or anything on it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.