Usually when I go to www.msn.com, I can just click ,"hotmail", and again, click on my user name on the next page, and be taken right to my hotmail inbox.
What really happens now, is that when I try to log in, after the next page, the address bar fills up to green, and the pages "blinks" several times, until finally a message appears after a RED X, :
The Windows Live Network is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons:
This site may be experiencing a problem
The site may not be a member of the Windows Live Network
You can:

You can sign in or sign up at other sites on the Windows Live Network, or try again later at this site.

Thank You

Bob I.

Recommended Answers

All 29 Replies

what do you get if you type ,www.hotmail.com in to you address bar

On what browser are you trying this? Do you have any problems when trying to open some other pages?

....Same issue exists.....

not sure what to tell you are u using ie7 or 8 for your browsers ,or some other browser ,also you might want to scan computer for viruses

On what browser are you trying this? Do you have any problems when trying to open some other pages?

Microsoft IE 8.....Thanks.

You should try installing Firefox after which you should test to see if the issue persists.

Microsoft IE 8.....Thanks.

Hotmail works on other browsers such as google chrome & firefox.
Hotmail still does not work on IE8. (I have Vista Home Premium, SP 2).

Thanks.

Bob I.

hi, try this might help ,open ie 8 .go to tools /internet option/advanced / and down the bottom ,reset ie to default settings ,

hi, try this might help ,open ie 8 .go to tools /internet option/advanced / and down the bottom ,reset ie to default settings ,

..Still having problems. I just found out that:

When I go to control panel>default programs>set program access and computer defaults,(after clicking OK to the permission box), a vain attempt is made to set Internet Explorer from Custom to Microsoft. I just happen to come back to this setting again.
i find that the radio button that was selected to Microsoft goes back to the previous selection of Custom. Please help in this matter.

Thank You,

Bob I.

doesn't matter if ie8 is default or not for getting to hotmail

Now that I can get into sign in page for hotmail, I cannot log-in on its page.
Thank You

BobI.

Now that I can get into sign in page for hotmail, I cannot log-in on its page.
Thank You

BobI.

I cannot log-in on its page

don't know what that means SORRY .

I cannot log-in on its page

don't know what that means SORRY .

I logged into another account, for Vista, & hotmail can be accessed with no problem. When I log into my usual account, i'm back to the same scenerio....hotmail does not accept my ussername/password.

Thanks

I logged into another account, for Vista, & hotmail can be accessed with no problem. When I log into my usual account, i'm back to the same scenerio....hotmail does not accept my ussername/password.

Thanks

so then it not a hotmail issue ,you must be typing in wrong user name[ email address] or password

It shouldn't be your browser you can access other account and I do just fine using firefox. I can't suggest what was happened.

This is the error message that appears instead...

The Windows Live Network is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons: :

This site may be experiencing a problem
The site may not be a member of the Windows Live Network
You can sign in or sign up at other sites on the Windows Live Network, or try again later at this site.

Thank You.

Bob I. -Pittsfield, MA

Have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies and trying again?

it will pull up my hotmail but my problem is i use windows live messenger and when i click on the little mailbox icon in the top right corner it use to go straight to my hotmail inbox but now it goes to windows live mail i dont want it to go there

Have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies and trying again?

no how do you do that im new to computers just learning.

Many Hotmail accounts are being hijacked with sales letters. The are written casually and sent to everyone in the Address Book. It was over six months ago and I am being asked why I would suggest something like this. A little embarrassing

It was about six months ago or more that it first hit me. Droves of sales offers from China sent to everyone as if they were written by me. Password changes didn't help matters. Microsoft seemed to take a long time with this issue.

I just got an e-mail from my ex-husband's mom thanking me for the cell phone deal, but she wasn't interested. Not again! Two of them bounced from two old addresses I once had saved that bounced back to me.

Done with Hotmal!

its not just Hotmail ,what ever one you use will eventually do the same thing .
one should have a good legit email address from there ISP [internet service provider ] and use that for personal email , using outlook expres or windows live mail , and have a hotmail acct to used for signing up to help forums nad any other website that ask for one a email address.and then you just have to manage you junk e-mail ,have hotmail set up more secure so as to only recieve mail from people in you address book and such ,good luck
i use windows live mail and 4 email address 2 ISP and 2 hotmail ones .see image

I have the same problem except I reinstalled everything; cleared the cache. I can get hotmail but cannot log in; says my password or email is incorrect.

I can use IE without Addons and it works. I can use firefox and chrome without problem.

I set my default browser to Firefox and now can link from MSN to Firefox and then use hotmail from there.

Any suggestion to fix the IE issue? /tks

Any suggestion to fix the IE issue? /tks

what version of IE are you using

what version of IE are you using

sorry using INTERNET EXPLORER 8

so using IE what happens when you click on this link ,and put in you email address and password .
www.hotmail.com

so using IE what happens when you click on this link ,and put in you email address and password .
www.hotmail.com

The e-mail address or password is incorrect. Please try again.

The e-mail address or password is incorrect. Please try again.

Sorry I should have been more clear on my reply: The same thing happens hotmail does not recognize my login - returns red error

"The e-mail address or password is incorrect. Please try again. "

/tks

Thanks..Upon many days of review, the problem was alliviated by the act of reseting my Acer laptop to factory settings by pressing a certain function key during the reboot process.

CHEERS!!

Thank you will try that

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.